|Radio & Television
Public Radio & Television
Tunisian Radio and TV Establishment (ERTT)
The establishment comprises two TV channels (satellite "canal 7" and "canal 21") and 8 radio stations (national radio, youth radio, international radio + 5 regional radio stations: Sfax, Monastir, Gafsa, Tataouine and Le Kef). For each radio and TV channel, there is news operation managed by an editor-in-chief.
- Date of creation : Radio broadcasting started in 1938. Its Tunisian broadcasts started in 1957.
- Managing director : Mustapha Khammari.
- Language : mainly Arabic. But foreign languages used in news broadcasts and international radio programs.
- Number of journalists : 283 journalists, in addition to outside expertise and technical support.
- Offices and correspondents :
- In Tunisia: regional radio staff covers events inside the country and file reports for "TV 7" and national radio news programs.
Correspondents based in Al-Qods (Jerusalem), Bagdad, London, Brussels,
Washington, Beirut, Cairo, Moscow, Paris and Berlin.
- Mailing address : 71, avenue de la Liberté - 1002 Tunis.
- Email :
- Telephone : 71 847 300
- Fax.: 71 781 058
- Web sites :
Programs : Beside ensuring public radio and television broadcasts, ERTT
serves as an umbrella for five regional public radio stations covering
various parts of the country. Public radio and television programs
cater to the different concerns of Tunisian audiences. Parliamentary
hearings are broadcast live on TV and television talk-shows include
representatives of all political parties, including those of the
opposition. "TV 21" and "Youth Radio" gear their broadcasts towards
Read More >>